PAGES

little bit of lovin'

1.20.2011

I am not a big Oprah fan. 
I have, however, been watching her show once or twice a week, mainly because her show follows Ellen, and, hey, who doesn't love Ellen?
Today, Oprah had a cute little couple on her program. He (Kristian) has cancer and is in the process of fighting through it, and she (Rachel) went back to teaching high school to support Kristian and their children, even though it would never be able to pay off the cancer treatment bills. At the end of the day, she said she felt as though she was too tired to give Kristian the love and care he needed as he fought for his life. Oprah gave them $250,000 like it was no big deal... now Rachel can take a year off from work and spend it with her family.
Background info aside, Oprah found out about them because of a sweet video Kristian made for Rachel as a birthday present, thanking her for all of the love and support during his struggle with cancer. Maybe I am the last person in the world to see this video, but I still thought I would share it regardless, especially with the big V-day coming up.
And also maybe because I cried like a baby when I watched it.
Just a little bit.
So, here you go. Grab a tissue, watch the video, and then tell those you love how thankful you are for them.





2 comments:

  1. Nope, I'm definitely the last person in the world to see this! Talk about a tear jerker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Oprah too, it was so great. I cried like a baby myself. But then again Oprah always makes me cry ha ha. What a neat story!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design