PAGES

taking a breather

1.12.2011

I am not a very patient person, and I am not always the most loving person. I can get a fiery temper and let myself get caught up in emotions...like today. Let's just say that I am tired of renting and cannot wait until we can just buy our own home. No apartment managers avoiding their responsibilities, no more loud neighbors screaming at the top of their lungs and practically breaking doors almost every day of the week (sometimes at 2 in the morning...in the room directly below your future baby's nursery), no more 24-hour chain-smokers just 5 feet outside your drafty front door...
You get the idea.
Well, today I just couldn't take it anymore and lost my cool (luckily just in front of my saint of a husband and my amazing dad {via the phone}), both of whom told me that I just needed to calm down a little. I really felt hate for people I hardly even know but didn't care one bit about it. It felt nastily good to be so mad at someone else and to over-magnify all of their flaws...

...until I stumbled upon this quote:
"We need to be kinder with one another, more gentle and forgiving. We need to be slower to anger and more prompt to help. We need to extend the hand of friendship and resist the hand of retribution. In short, we need to love one another with the pure love of Christ, with genuine charity and compassion and, if necessary, shared suffering, for that is the way God loves us." {Howard W. Hunter}
Ouch. That one kind of burned a little. Taking a step back, was reminded that if Someone could love me so unconditionally, even with how {obviously} flawed I am, especially in that moment, I needed to readjust a little. A little more humbled, a little embarrassed...ready to start over :)





2 comments:

  1. I Love the reminder Vandy. Thanks for saying it so well. Love Ya, Mom Murri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vandy. :) I just love you! I completely understand your freak out. I have had a few myself this semester. Aren't we lucky to have people who love us enough to tell us to calm down though? haha.....if it wasn't for Lyle, who is basically my sanity, I'd be institutionalized by now. Just hang in there though. At least you aren't in school and you will soon have a bundle of joy! We need to do something sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design